The building cost in France is considered the highest in the world even though French architecture ranks highest in the world. France uses the best material and hence the demand for French building materials are famous the world over. Some of the items that are world famous are as follows.
- Cement: Lafarge is the largest name in cements the world over. It has made its presence in over sixty one countries. This cement has been used in the construction of some world class buildings such as The Philamornie Building in France, the Millau Viaduct which is the world’s highest bridge and the international nuclear plant ITFR also in France.
- Glass; Saint Gobain is one of the largest selling glasses in the world. It comes under the name of Heavy Building material which includes timber and panels, sanitary ware, plumbing, interior solutions and tiles. Saint Gobain sells world class sanitary ware products under the name Alterna and Altech. The Alterna covers a wide range of bathroom solutions and are not so costly which means that there is something for everyone. The Altech range is designed to meet plumbing and heating professional needs. Saint Gobain provides a wide range of tiles for the bathroom, kitchens, living room and terraces. Ceramic floor or wall tile is use in every application so it reflects one’s taste and improves the home appearance.
- Solid Packaging: for this there is just one name that is worldfamous and that is Haver. They are specialized in filling loose and bulk material and provide customers a wide range of customized machines and plants. Haver valve bag technology is a premium and flexible packaging that can be used for a variety of applications. The Haver open bag technology is cost operative, operator friendly annual filling stations. These are for open, flat and side gusset bags made of paper, PP and PE combinations.
Haver and Boecker have been producing filling and weighing systems for flexible packing. This has been going on for over twenty years.
- Chemicals: The Dekra Exam company is the largest company supplying chemicals. These chemicals are used in the area of explosion protection. The aim of the company is to provide world wide solutions through its high performance, optimum weight accuracy, savings in packaging materials and energy. Whether it is fertilizer, PVC powder or titanium oxide our packing and filling systems are tailored to do their best.
- Timber: This is found in abundance in France. There are over one hundred and twenty six species of timber. This is because of the variety of soils and climate. The saw mills in France offer standard dimensions according to the customer’s choice. The timber can be dried, planed, finger jointed or edge glued. Hardwood suppliers
- Stained glass: France boasts of many cathedrals with gorgeous and stunning designs like the Notre Damn and Sainte Chappale. In Paris. The story of the Good Samaritan and the Joseph Window are world famous stained glass structures.